If the central post area doesn't line up with the beige portion of the background, you may need to adjust the width of your browser window.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Memes

I don't usually follow through on memes. They remind me of those junk emails that come around, requiring you to send them to 47 of your closest friends within 32 seconds. You've seen them. I don't forward those, either.

But within the past couple of months, I've been tagged for memes by a couple of friends, in an attempt to get me to post. So I guess I'll respond. (Insert eye rolling smilie here) (love ya, gals!) Of course, they both require tagging other bloggers. That's not gonna happen. First, I don't read that many blogs that are cleverly written by actual people (lolcats don't count). And there's that "spam" thing.

The first was a 7 random facts tag from my cousin, Marcy.

Game rules:

  1. You must link to the individual who tagged you and post the rules of TAG (which you are currently reading).
  2. Post 7 random facts about yourself
  3. Tag 7 friends and link to them and
  4. Let them know that they have been tagged by leaving a nice little message on their blog.

My facts:

  1. I have 2 parrots, neither of whom actually like me.
  2. One of my part-time jobs in college was model for the art department.
  3. I'm a twin.
  4. Other than some friends and family, I hate using the phone. I won't even call a pizza place - and it's their job to answer my call!
  5. I make darn good chocolate chip cookies. But I don't make them often because the recipe I use makes a lot and then I'd just eat them.
  6. I cry at the drop of a hat. Car Guy ridicules me for crying at TV shows and movies.
  7. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

The other was a meme that's worded like an award, from Melissa.

The award states: “These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”

Well, I guess I do want to tag Lori at This Just In and my cousin Marcy with this one.

No comments: