If the central post area doesn't line up with the beige portion of the background, you may need to adjust the width of your browser window.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's coming along...

I'm so happy! I not only got the 3-column layout to work (it's not a Blogger standard), but I created my own background that looks good, and lines up with my columns. Not bad, considering I don't have a decent graphics program on my computer and have to fudge things. (It's amazing what you can do in Powerpoint of all things when you need to.)

The colors are a little weird right now. So over the next day or two I'm going to be doing a little HTML diving to change them - if I can remember how to identify things so that I have different link colors in the sidebars and the posts. I'm also going to work on a header pic that will match my Etsy shop.

I did want to post a few links to sites that I used for information and how-tos:

  • The Cutest Blog on the Block, for inspiration for new backgrounds and tips on creating my own. Also for a link to an online scrapbooking site where I found links to a couple of sources.

  • Tips For New Bloggers, a link referenced by TCBOTB. That's where I found the easy to follow instructions for 3-column layouts.

  • DigiScrap Depot, a digital scrapbooking site with extensive links to free virtual papers, etc.

  • The Digital Pinay, where I found the teal "paper" for my background. (If you're looking for it, the link is in her Nov. 13, 2008 post).

  • Ziggle Designs for the beige paper, part of her Shabby Garden pack, included on the January 1, 2009 post.

  • Hex Hub, for a great site with HTML color codes. They make coordinating text and other page elements much easier.

Best of all, I can easily change things when I want to put up a seasonal look. Cool!

No comments: