If the central post area doesn't line up with the beige portion of the background, you may need to adjust the width of your browser window.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

That floating feeling

NaBloPoMo day 20

I just hate the feeling of drifting along with no way to control things. It's pretty common at the beginning of a new work assignment. I have no phone at my desk, no access to common documents, and no idea what the system does. And I'm supposed to be working with this system, doing updates and support. Once I get into it, and have some things explained, no problem. But right now I feel confused and drifting.


Thanksgiving is in 2 days, and I have no idea who is coming. We invited Car Guy's family: a total of 8 adults (plus us), 2 children and 1 infant. The only people we've heard from are 2 adults who aren't coming, and 2 who are. Car Guy suggested cancelling, since we haven't heard from anyone. That'll teach 'em!

No comments: